Inclusive Graduate Education Network (IGEN) is an effort by scientific societies and higher education institutions to increase the number of physical science doctoral degrees earned by underrepresented minority students.
The IGEN National Meeting brings together professional scientists, underrepresented minority graduate students, and scholars of equity and inclusion in graduate education.
Graduate students will:
- Strengthen mentoring relationships
- Build professional networks
- Explore career paths
Professional scientists will learn more about how to:
- Transform graduate admissions and recruitment practices
- Utilize culturally responsive mentoring practices
- Develop graduate-level bridge programs
- Recruit qualified, diverse individuals